We’re seeking an experienced frontend developer to join our Vancouver, BC based team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working closely with the design, development and QA teams. You will be responsible for taking designs and bringing them to life on the web. You will have opportunities to work on beautiful websites, dynamic web applications and experiment with the very latest techniques and languages. If you love the matrix, this is the job for you.
- 4+ years experience successfully delivering web projects within an digital agency
- Expert at writing semantic and well formed HTML
- Expert at writing modular CSS
- Proficient with Sass, PUG/Jade, Gulp, and NPM
- Proficient with version control (GIT, SVN)
- Proficient with current design and prototyping tools (Adobe, Sketch)
- Strong understanding of design and UX
- Strong understanding of cross-platform compatibility
- Ability to enhance designs with complimentary animations, transitions etc.
- Comfortable presenting ideas internally and to client stakeholders
- Excellent time and priority management skills
- Resident of Vancouver, BC (and area) or willing to relocate
- Development of websites and web applications on multiple projects of varying size
- Development of systems and standards for existing and future projects
- Collaborate with the project team to develop project plans and project estimates
- Collaborate with the design team during the full life cycle of a project
- Collaborate with the project manager to ensure projects are meeting project plan and timeline
- Collaborate with the QA analyst to develop testing use-cases and testing strategies
- Collaborate with the QA analyst to assess, test, and fix QA issues
We’re looking for someone who:
- Loves design & technology and understands its value
- Has a strong passion to learn and develop their skill-set
- Prides themselves on an exacting attention to detail
- Thrives under tight deadlines
- Is an excellent communicator
- Is focused with a positive outlook
- Has a strong sense of humour
- Leads by example; with respect, empathy and precise attention to detail
- A focused but casual studio environment
- Competitive salary
- Health & lifestyle benefits
- Skill-set development benefits
- Holiday office closure in addition to paid time off
- Weekly catered lunches
We The Collective is a digital first creative agency located in Vancouver, BC. We help entertainment brands better understand, engage and relate to youth audiences through digital experiences.
We live by a few important values. We know that having fun is critical to success. We know that good isn’t good enough. We make things better together. We always ask why. We are accountable for our conduct and decisions. If this has you nodding your head we would love to hear from you.
No emails, phone calls or recruiters please.